Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to everyone...I know so many wonderful mothers!! I am so thankful for my own mother! She is an amazing example to me. She is constantly serving others. I hope to be more like her. I am blessed to have my Grandmother near buy. She is so much fun to be around and she always is thinking of others.


I love homemade gifts. This Mother's Day, I received four of them along with some other fun things. Spencer made a card at school and he was asked several questions.
My mother's name is mommy
She is 5 years old
She weighs 5 pounds
Her shoe size is 5
She has green eyes
She has black hair
Her favorite food is pizza
Her favorite color is blue
Her favorite TV show is baseball
Her favorite hobby is shopping
Her biggest wish is that she could cook
Her best friend is Daddy.

Six out of twelve isn't too bad!

Andrea wrote me a poem:

Mom
Kind, Funny
Cooking, Cleaning, Sewing
We Read Stories Together
Mama Bear

Our children are so observant. It always surprises me how well they know us, sometimes even better than we know ourselves.

Christopher made me a ceramic pot painted like a watermelon filled with candy and a card that said "you are one in a melon" I love it!

Samantha is in Jr. High now and there is no time in school to make gifts for Mom. She took time out of her busy day and made me the cutest card with a poem:

Mother...
We only have one Mom.
One Mommy,
One Mother...
And that is you
We won't wait till it's to late to
Tell you we love you!

Being a mother truly is one of the best gifts I have been given. It may sometimes be hard to remember during late nights, tantrums, and mundane tasks, but I have been entrusted with God's children and will try my best to raise them in righteousness.

"Motherhood is more than bearing children. … It is the essence of who we are as women." Sheri Dew, “Are We Not All Mothers?,” Ensign, Nov 2001








4 comments:

Courtney said...

Sounds like you had an awsome Mother's day!! Especially all your of the cool gifts you got!!

Jolene said...

I want to know which 6 Spencer got right! I especially loved that you weigh five pounds and your shoe size is five! That is adorable.

One Sassy Mama said...

Did you get your journals done? I was thinking of you last night - as I was trying to get my mother's day gifts finished at the ultimate witching hour (I was up till 3 a.m.!)

Glad you had a great day! Love the pics!

Pam said...

Don't you just love the cute things the kids make for us. It is always so fun to see what they really think of us. I loved Spencer's answers, what Mom wouldn't want to be known as weighing only 5lbs. :) So cute.
I'm glad you had a great day and yes you definitely are doing a great job as a mother.