Friday, May 23, 2008

School's Out For Summer!

I am so excited for school to be out! I love having the kids home and just hanging out, playing games and swimming! I won't miss driving them to or from school depending on the carpool, but I will miss visiting with the other carpool kids! The end of the school year is always crazy with school concerts and presentation and, and, and.... On top of all of that, this year I have the privilege of helping out with girls camp! Why do I save everything to the last minute? I can't wait to go to camp almost as much as I can't wait for it to be over. Just kidding! I really am having fun with all of the preparations. I can't wait to see their faces when we give them all of their surprises! We are going to have a blast mixed with spiritual moments as well I am sure. I have never been to camp so I really don't know what I am getting into, but I have a good friend who has been for about the last 10 years in a row so it has to be good! The camp theme this year is Joy in the Journey. We are the Virtuous Volkswagens! All of our decorations and wearables are hippied up! Lime green is our main color (my favorite)! I can't wait to report back on all of the good times at camp!

3 comments:

Victoria Renae said...

Love the entry- I am sooo excited for camp. tell samantha i said hi!

Pam said...

You will love camp. It is always such a good time. The working up to it is a bit stressful (the phase you are now in) but once you are there just "let the good times roll". Can't wait to hear all about it when you get home.

Beeswax said...

So, did you finish the book?

I was born in Michigan, too! (just read your very old blog).